Happy New Year! I hope you had a good NYE, whatever your plans were. I had Queen blasting around the house, drank a few glasses of crisp white wine and enjoyed spending time with family.
As always I managed to get a little work done, so today I want to share a list of personal, blog and business related goals for 2015 including how I plan to achieve them. I obviously have a few other personal goals but they’ve gone into my diary and I don’t think I’ll be sharing them on my blog just yet. Here we go:
Lose 3 stone and get fit and healthy.
– I want to get back into the habit of having juice or smoothies for breakfast, less eating out (one takeaway or restaurant a month – if that) and less carbs and refined sugar. Along with watching what I eat I’ll be increasing my gym routine from 3 to 5 times a week and ensuring that I include swimming and yoga sessions to improve my posture.
Take up a new hobby.
– I’m planning to learn to ski or snowboard. I need to find the best location (Sheffield or Cambridge) to do this but it’s something I’ve been keen to do for a while and 2015 is going to be the year for a session of lessons.
Learn new skills
– I’m planning to work through Code Academy (again) and also get back into video editing by launching my YouTube channel (again).
Take a course
– I would like to take a cookery, photography or beauty course during 2015. This could be anything from a day session to a 6 month course. I think it’s always important to keep on learning after you’ve finished in formal education.
Read and review 12 business books.
– I made my way through 6 this year but had aimed for 12. This year I want to force myself to set aside more time to read and I hope this will help with relaxation too.
– I need to drink a lot more of it. This time last year I was getting through 2/3 litres of it a day and I want to get back to doing that.
Consistently update my Career Inspiration posts.
– I have already contacted a selection of people for the next set. I would like this to be a weekly feature.
Launch two new series.
– One is already in process and that is Uni Life, you will find out more about this tomorrow. I would also like to start a cookery and baking series as I am trying to improve upon my current skill set and learn new dishes.
Outfit photos again.
– I know I’ve said this before but I mean it and I think it will help with documenting my weight loss journey too.
Support small businesses and charities
– I want to use my platform to spread the love and share new businesses I stumble upon as well as keeping you updated with small and dedicated charities.
I would love to know what brings you back to Prettygreentea and what you would like to see more/less of. Also, I’m still making changes to the new look of my blog but if you have any thoughts on it then do let me know!
Indiecana – I hope to be able to take my new lifestyle boutique to the next level. I plan to do this through social media promotion, working with bloggers and sharing my behind the scenes journey of running the shop.
Freelance – I would like to keep the current clients I have and hope that I can create content and engagement that they will be happy with throughout 2015. I would also like to take one one more client for the social management side of my business.
Prettygeentea – My blog is also part of my business and I would like to create unique and interesting posts for you in collaboration with brands throughout the year. I would like to earn a little more through my blog this year, it’s a nice added way to reinvest in the blog as well as pay a few bills.
Overall I want to focus on my current projects, which you can see over on Llama Social. I need to dedicate my time and energy to these three ventures before thinking about starting anything new in terms of business.
If you have any thoughts on Indiecana then please feel free to let me know. I want Indiecana to be a place that you want to shop.
What are your goals and aims for 2015?