Good morning! I hope you’re all having a good start to November. I always welcome in a new month because it’s the chance to set a few short-term goals and have a fresh start. Last week we had an extra hour in bed and wasn’t it lovely? Now, despite the extra hour to wait for the sun to come up, we have darker and colder mornings. To embrace these chilly mornings I was kindly sent a hamper of cosy and delicious goodies from Belvita.
Inside the hamper I found a couple of boxes Soft Bakes, a personalised flask, black+blum lunch box, cushion and a hot water bottle. Have you tried the Belvita Soft Bakes? They’re delicious and very handy to keep to hand for when you’re running late in the morning. They’re chewy biscuits which are made of oats and soft red berries. They’re a little dry which makes them ideal to wash down with a cup of tea. Each soft baked biscuit is individually wrapped which makes them easy to take in your handbag on the go. I’ve seen these in most major supermarkets. I’m keen to try out the cinnamon ones next.
I know it can be hard to drag yourself out of bed on a cold and rainy morning but it’s always worth it. I much prefer getting an early start on the day or at least taking a little time to relax. I think it’s about time I share my top tips on making the most of these cold, dark mornings. It wouldn’t be fair to keep them to myself.
- Hot drink – A good cup of lemon water, tea or coffee is a good way to start the morning. I like to have my cup ready and waiting so all I need to do is flick the switch and wait for the kettle to boil. If you’re running late it doesn’t mean you have to miss out on that first brew of the day. Keep a flask handy and fill it up before you leave the door. It will save money and give you a kick-start to the day.
- Shower – I normally shower in the evening but when the winter rolls ’round I like to jump out of bed and get straight into the shower. It warms and wakes you up as well as setting you up for the day.
- Breakfast – Always have breakfast, even if you’re running late. Keep a pack of Belvita Soft Bakes in the cupboard and pop one in your bag before you leave for the day. They’re useful if you’re running late.
- Prep meals – Get your lunch ready the evening before, it will save extra time in the morning.
- Photography – This is a personal favourite. Have your camera prepped and ready if you happen wake up extra early. The early morning frost makes a good subject.
- Alarm clock – Always set an alarm but try and cut down on how many you set (we’ve all been there with 5 alarms). If you’re still struggling then set the clock or phone across the room so you have to jump out of bed to turn it off.
- Podcasts/audiobooks – Set your alarm a half hour early, make a cuppa and sit in bed and listen to a podcast. I personally love starting the day with one of my favourite business podcasts.
- Read – As with the podcasts, wake up a little earlier and make a cuppa to relax in bed with a book. I find it hard to fit in reading time these days so I plan to start incorporating an hour book session at the weekends.
I will be share full reviews of a few of the products within the hamper.
How will you be making the most of the colder mornings this winter?