The other week I shared some of my favourite home tech gadgets with you. My love for tech doesn’t stop in the home. I carry a lot of tech accessories around with me on a day to day basis and I’m certain that I’m not alone in this. The techy accessories I’m going to share with you today make my job and life much more streamlined. There are a few I swear by and some I’m hoping to add to my collection soon:
– Portable battery – I mentioned the Anker portable charger in my March favourites video. This charger is always in my handbag. I make sure it’s always charged up and ready to go just in case I need it. Even when I’m carrying a smaller bag the Anker usually makes an appearance. It’s a little heavy but will charge an iPhone about 6 times.
– Sports tracker – This isn’t necessarily in your handbag but it’s pretty close to it. I’ve been using my Fitbit for the last year, it was a birthday gift from P and it quickly became a daily essential. I like to make sure I’m hitting my daily step goal, especially on the days I don’t make it to the gym. As a blogger and social media consultant I spend a lot of time sitting at my desk. It’s important to get up and move around and I’ve found the the Fitbit is a very good reminder. If I’ve not hit my daily step goal the evening I go out for a walk. What I love most about my Fitbit is the heart rate monitor, it’s so handy for the gym. If any of you use a Fitbit then drop me a message on Twitter so we can have a Daily Showdown.
– Tablet – I saved up and purchased my iPad mini when I was working in Norwich. It’s been a fantastic purchase and something I always pop into my handbag. I mostly use it for reading books, writing blog posts and showing my portfolio to clients. I wouldn’t say it’s an essential but once you have a tablet it really makes a big difference.
– Phone case – We use our phones so much throughout the day that it’s important to have a high quality phone case to protect them. There’s nothing worse than getting in position to Snap or Instagram and nearly dropping your phone. Be honest, we’ve all been there. I’m currently in the market for a new case and when Tech21 dropped onto my radar I was very impressed. The Evo Endurance Charging case sounds ideal for me. It will give your phone 60% extra charge and also protect it with FlexShock™ if you drop it. The style is much more sleek than many of the charging phone cases I’ve seen before.
– Headphones – I think that headphones are so important to have to hand, even if you’re not using them on a daily basis. I find myself on trains a lot and it’s nice to be able to listen to a podcast, music or even do some editing without disturbing others. I currently use the apple earphones but I’m hoping to treat myself to a better quality pair this year. I’ve got my eye on the Bose Soundlink AE2 – have any of you used them?
– Camera – I always have an additional camera in my handbag alongside my iPhone. I switch between my Canon 7d, G16 and EOS M3. It all depend on what I’m doing that day but I like to have them all charged and ready to go (try not to forget the memory card). Over the last two weeks I’ve been getting to grips with the EOS M3 for daily filming and photos – so far I’m loving. Let me know if you’d be interested on a full review of my cameras soon.
What tech accessories do you carry around with you on a daily basis?
This post is in collaboration with Tech21.