I hope you’re all having a lovely and relaxing break. I’m excited to start the new year and have spent some time planning out my goals for 2016 through the month of December. However, before I share those I think it’s important to look back upon the goals of 2015 (original post).
Let’s get straight into it.
- Shift 3 stone and get fit and healthy: I did not hit this the first part of this goal but I have lost a little weight and I am eating healthy. I had issues with food allergies and although I was exercising a lot I didn’t manage to hit my goal. I managed to make it to the gym 3-5 times a week throughout the year and I’m very pleased with that. The gym has very much become part of my daily routine and I now attend weekly yoga and pilates classes. I became stressed throughout the year which contributed to the fact that I kept weight on. I was also working a lot which meant I was eating late at night. This will continue to be a goal in 2015.
- Take up a new hobby: I picked up a few new hobbies throughout 2015. One was the gym which includes my new love for yoga and Pilates and I also started to teach myself the basics of video editing (my videos from Vlogmas 2015)
- Learn new skills: I did a lot of this throughout 2015. I didn’t find time to start on Code Academy again but I did get into filming, video editing, launching my YouTube channel and improving upon my cookery and baking skills.
- Take a course: Throughout 2015 I took 5 courses; B&W Fine Art Photography, Basics of the Sewing machine and making a Cushion Cover, A Beautiful Mess Blog Life, Chef in to Cupboard at The Woodspeen and Amie Atelier Makeup Class.
- Read and review 12 business books: I did not read and review 12 books this year and I’m very annoyed about it. Here are the books I read:
– Run Away Moments – Frances Bibby
– The Life Changing Magic of Tidying – Marie Kondo
– Jab Jab Jab Right Hook – Gary Vaynerchuck
– The Millionaire Fastlane – MJ DeMarco
– Mumpreneur – Annabel Karmel
– Business Stripped Bare – Richard Branson – I’ve read this about 4 times now
- Drink more water: This fluctuated throughout the year. I did very well throughout the summer months and up ’til October. However, I’m really keen to get back onto it and start drinking a lot more water. It really does make such a difference to your skin, health and the way you feel.
- Consistently update my Career Inspiration posts: I have continued to do this throughout 2015. Browse the full collection of interviews.
- Launch two new series: I have launched one new series which is the Uni Life series but failed to do a second. This is partly due to the launch of Llama Social.
- Start sharing outfit photos: I did not manage to do this on a regular basis. However, I did start sharing vlogs and putting my face on the blog a lot more so I’m more than happy with that.
- Support small businesses and charities: I did this consistently throughout the year with shopping locally, supporting friends taking part in fundraising and taking at least 1 bag to the charity shop each month.
- Take Indiecana to the next level: I have not completed this goal. The shop is still ticking along nicely but I’m unsure what direction to take it in during 2016.
- Freelance – maintain clients and secure new ones: I picked up a couple of new clients this year and retained the ones I was working with previously.
So there you have it, my list of 2015 goals and how I got along with them. You can see the original list here. I am actually very pleased with how they went and I’m looking forward to my new challenges and goals for 2016. You may also be interested to see my 30 before 30 list of goals.